Coronavirus Resources & Information
As Westminster Schools of Augusta continues to monitor and assess the outbreak of COVID-19 worldwide, we have created this resource for our community to track how the public health threat is affecting the programs and other activities our students, faculty and staff are engaged in. As the situation evolves and as we receive updated information from our outside resources, we will continue to send relevant updates to the Westminster community, and make these updates available on this web page. We encourage you to bookmark this page, watch our school calendar, check email regularly, and monitor the websites located under the "helpful resources" section.
From the beginning of the 2021-22 school year, the Westminster community has seen a total of 0 COVID-19 positive cases. Each individual who has tested positive for COVID-19 will quarantine away from campus for the appropriate amount of time mandated by the CDC and the Georgia Department of Health (DPH). The below numbers reflect the CURRENT COVID-19 positive cases within the community, not the total since the start of the school year.
|Current Westminster COVID-19 Positive Cases | 8/08/21|
|Lower School Division | 0|
|Middle School Division | 0|
|Upper School Division | 0|
Our Latest Response
- Please reference the COVID-19 Health Policies and School Procedures for information regarding masks, cleaning procedures and positive cases.
- If a positive COVID-19 case occurs, the primary household guardian will receive an email if the positive case is in his/her child's division. We will continue to update our Westminster community concerning positive cases through the Wildcat Scratch each week.
Those who believe they may have been exposed to or infected with the novel coronavirus should seek medical care right away. Before you go to a clinic, doctor's office, or emergency room, call ahead and tell them about your recent travel and your symptoms.
We continue to be in communication with government agencies as well as other independent schools to closely monitor the situation and will keep you updated as things change.
- World Health Organization (WHO):
- The Center for Disease Control (CDC):
- Johns Hopkins Interactive and Updating Outbreak Map
- U.S. State Department
- Georgia Department of Public Health
Frequently Asked Questions
How will I receive up-to-date information from the school?
Any up-to-date information will be posted on this web page as well as emailed out to all primary and secondary household contacts. In the event of a school closure, media outlets will be alerted and updates will be on our social media pages. All primary and secondary contacts will also receive a text message in addition to an email. You may also recive a weekly update through the Westminster newsletter, Wildcat Scratch.
What can families, students, and school personnel do to keep from getting sick and spreading COVID-19?
The CDC recommends the following actions to help prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water when your hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick (and do not return to school until you are fever-free for 24 hours without medication). We ask you to strictly adhere to this policy.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
What additional cleaning steps is the school taking at this time?
The school will take extra care with the cleaning and disinfection process, with particular attention to common surfaces.
- Additional cleaning of common surfaces by faculty and staff is happening at regular intervals throughout the day.
- After every school day, our trained team of custodians fully clean and sanitize all areas of the school including all bathrooms, classrooms, common areas, locker rooms, athletic equipment, and more.
- In addition to common household disinfectants to wipe down surfaces, we also use a backpack mister/fogger filled with a solution called "HyperFect 256," a fragrance-free, hospital-grade, broad-spectrum disinfectant concentrate.
- Our staff "fogs" each classroom once a week, and again each time Westminster is alerted that one of our students has tested positive for COVID-19.
What additional health protocols is the school taking at this time?
- All faculty and staff are required to maintain appropriate hand washing and sanitizing protocols upon entering the building and throughout the day
- Westminster Schools of Augusta is a mask optional campus
- Social distancing of 3ft (when feasible).
For more details please review our COVID-19 Health Policies and School Procedures.