Coronavirus Resources & Information
As Westminster Schools of Augusta continues to monitor and assess the outbreak of COVID-19 worldwide, we have created this resource for our community to track how the public health threat is affecting the programs and other activities our students, faculty and staff are engaged in. As the situation evolves and as we receive updated information from our outside resources, we will continue to send relevant updates to the Westminster community, and make these updates available on this web page. We encourage you to bookmark this page, watch our school calendar, check email regularly, and monitor the websites located on under the "helpful resources" section.
After ten weeks of school, the Westminster community has seen a total of 14 COVID-19 positive cases. Each individual who has tested positive for COVID-19 has quarantined away from campus for the appropriate amount of time mandated by the CDC and the Georgia Department of Health (DPH). The below numbers reflect the CURRENT COVID-19 positive cases within the community, not the total since the start of the school year.
|Current Westminster COVID-19 Positive Cases | 10/19/20|
|Lower School Division | 0|
|Middle School Division | 0|
|Upper School Division | 2|
Our Latest Response
- Reminder: If a positive COVID-19 case occurs, the primary household guardian will receive an email if the positive case is in his/her child's bubble. If the primary household contact did not receive an email, it means that the case is not in their child's bubble. We will continue to update our Westminster community concerning positive cases through the Wildcat Scratch each week.
- Westminster Schools of Augusta has established a re-entry task force committee which is working diligently to continue evaluate the current re-entry protocols and health conditions of the Westminster community. The committe has developed three different re-entry phases for our families to navigate. To view these phases, please go to the re-entry plan document.
- Please go to wsa.net/events for the latest up-to-date 2020-21 calendar and 2020-21 Year-at-a-Glance.
- We are continuing the use of masks at all times on campus.
- All students, faculty, and staff will continue their daily temperature checks as they enter our campus.
Those who believe they may have been exposed to or infected with the novel coronavirus should seek medical care right away. Before you go to a clinic, doctor's office, or emergency room, call ahead and tell them about your recent travel and your symptoms.
We continue to be in close communication with government agencies as well as other independent schools to closely monitor the situation and will keep you updated as things change.
Westminster Coronavirus Web Page Updated on October 19, 2020 at 8:00am.
A Message From the Head of School
Dear Wildcat Nation,
It is a great time to be a Westminster student... even during a global pandemic! Due to the extensive preparations taken throughout the last few months, our team has proven themselves ready for a wonderful fall semester back on Westminster's campus. As coronavirus cases are still ever-present within the CSRA, it is no surprise that a handful of positive COVID-19 cases have made their way into our school community. However, with the help of our amazing faculty and staff, I am confident that Westminster's campus continues to be a safe learning environment for our students. As we continue to follow protocols to keep our students, faculty, and staff safe, I urge the Westminster community to continue to wear a mask, social distance and follow all CDC and Georgia Department of Health guidelines. Let's keep our campus healthy, happy, and open, for the whole Wildcat Nation!
Head of School
August 31, 2020
- World Health Organization (WHO):
- The Center for Disease Controls (CDC):
- Johns Hopkins Interactive and Updating Outbreak Map
- U.S. State Department
- Georgia Department of Public Health
Frequently Asked Questions
How will I receive up-to-date information from the school?
Any up-to-date information will be posted on this web page as well as emailed out to all primary and secondary household contacts. In the event of a school closure, media outlets will be alerted and updates will be on our social media pages. All primary and secondary contacts will also receive a text message in addition to an email. You may also recive a weekly update through the Westminster newsletter, Wildcat Scratch.
What can families, students, and school personnel do to keep from getting sick and spreading COVID-19?
The CDC recommends the following actions to help prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water when your hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick (and do not return to school until you are fever-free for 24 hours without medication). We ask you to strictly adhere to this policy.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
What additional cleaning steps is the school taking at this time?
The school will take extra care with the cleaning and disinfection process, with particular attention to common surfaces.
- Additional cleaning of common surfaces by faculty and staff is happening at regular intervals throughout the day.
- After every school day, our trained team of custodians fully clean and sanitize all areas of the school including all bathrooms, classrooms, common areas, locker rooms, athletic equipment, and more.
- In addition to common household disinfectants to wipe down surfaces, we also use a backpack mister/fogger filled with a solution called "HyperFect 256," a fragrance-free, hospital-grade, broad-spectrum disinfectant concentrate.
- Our staff "fogs" each classroom once a week, and again each time Westminster is alerted that one of our students has tested positive for COVID-19.
What additional health protocols is the school taking at this time?
- Daily all students, faculty, and staff have their temperature checked as they enter our campus.
- All faculty and staff are required to maintain appropriate hand washing and sanitizing protocols upon entering the building and throughout the day.
- All faculty, staff, and students are encouraged to wear a mask whenever they cannot properly social distance from one another.
- LS: All Lower School students will be wearing a mask while outside of their classroom, in the hallway, and in the carline. LS students should arrive and leave in a mask. Students in grades 3-5 will wear a mask in their designated classroom.
- MS/US: Due to our limitations on socially distancing, we are asking all Middle and Upper School students to wear a mask at all times unless they are eating lunch or participating in outdoor activities where social distancing is possible.
- Teachers: All teachers will be wearing a mask unless they are socially distanced from students teaching at the front of the classroom. All teachers will have access to clear masks for when they are working one on one with students.
For more details please review our Re-Entry Protocols.
- 7.01.20: Re-Entry Plan 2020-2021: HOS Annoucement
- 5.16.20: COVID-19 Update To WSA Faculty & Staff & Parents
- 5.01.20: COVID-19 Update To WSA Faculty & Staff & Parents
- 4.24.20: COVID-19 Update To WSA Faculty & Staff & Parents
- 4.17.20: COVID-19 Update To WSA Faculty & Staff & Parents
- 4.03.20: COVID-19 Update To WSA Faculty & Staff & Parents
- 3.27.20: COVID-19 Update To WSA Faculty & Staff & Parents
- 3.20.20: Extending School Closure: COVID-19 Update To WSA Faculty & Staff & Parents
- 3.16.20: Social Distancing: COVID-19 Update To WSA Faculty & Staff & Parents
- 3.13.20: School Closure: COVID-19 Update To WSA Faculty & Staff & Parents
- 3.11.20: COVID-19 Update To WSA Faculty & Staff & Parents
- 3.06.20: School Nurse Announcement To WSA Faculty & Staff
- 2.11.20: School Nurse Announcement To WSA Parents