Back to School 2020-2021
Be sure to review the “All-School” information below, AND also click on the separate tabs by division for important information specific to your grade level.
New Student Orientation
• LS: Supplies & Class List Pick Up Drive-By
Laptop Pick-up: All returning students in grades 7-9; Rm. 326 Knox Hall; 12:30-4 pm
• LS: 2:30-3:30 pm
• LS: 3:00 - 5:00 pm
|7||First Day of School (early dismissal)
• Grades 1-5
• Grades 6-8
• Grades 9-12
|11||US Parent Night | Knox Hall||6:30 pm|
|13||LS Parent Night | LS Gym||6:30 pm|
|14||Student forms are due for ALL grade levels|
|18||MS Parent Night | Knox Hall||6:30 pm|
Our lunch program, provided by Flik Independent Dining, begins on Monday, August 10. (Please note: This is not included in your tuition and requires an additional cost.)
You can find all current parent information throughout the school year under "Parents" in the navigation.
This page includes a link to the parent portal, a password protected area that allows you access to Middle and Upper School grades and a student and parent directory, all of which require a higher level of privacy for our families. If you do not yet have a password, one will be emailed to you after school starts. Whether you are new or returning, we encourage all parents to become actively engaged in the Westminster community.
You can also find information about upcoming events and about our parent-led organizations to see how you can volunteer and get involved!
- Parent Association (WPA)
- Booster Club
- Friends of Fine Arts
We're looking forward to the start of the new year! Here are a few reminders for our Lower School families:
- PK3-K: "Meet Your Teacher" meeting is 8:15 to 9:15a on Thursday, Aug. 6. Please be on the lookout for an email from your teacher. The first day of school for PK3-K is Monday, Aug. 10.
- Grades 1 - 5: The first day of school is Friday, Aug. 7 and an early dismissal day. Start time is 8:00a and dismissal is at 11:40a.
- Class lists, car line numbers, and previously ordered school supplies will be available for pick up on Thursday, Aug. 6, 3 - 5 pm. All supplies will be picked up in the LS parking lot as a drive-by, we will bring the supplies to you. Below is the list if you did not pre-order school supplies:
LS Supply List for 2020-21
- We are looking forward to welcoming new students in grades 1-5 and their parents on Thursday, Aug. 6, at 2:30p for New Student Orientation. You will be greeted in the Library (located on the second floor) followed by a brief presentation where you will then meet teachers and visit the classrooms.
- Extended Day Program begins Monday, Aug. 10 for grades PK3-5.
- Be sure to read through the Lower School Handbook as well as review the dress code before the first day of school.
LS Family Handbook
- All parents are encouraged to attend the annual Lower School Parent Night on Thursday, Aug. 13 at 6:30 - 8p. This meeting is for parents only. More details to come.
- Please update your child's summer reading log! Print and update or download the fillable form below.
Questions? Send us an email!
Some reminders for our Middle School students and parents as we get closer to the first day of school!
- The first day of school, Friday, Aug. 7, is a half-day; 7:50 am - 12:30 pm. Students will receive their schedules in advisory. Please note the early dismissal time! Be sure to familiarize yourself with the rotating schedule. The schedule is also included in the handbook. Also, note that summer reading for all grades and grade 8 math assignments must be completed by the first day of class. Advisory/Homeroom and locker assignments will be mailed to you at the end of July.
2020-21 Daily Schedule
2020-21 Rotation Schedule
Summer Assignments Page
MS Supply List
- REQUIRED The three forms listed below are due in the coming weeks. Please download, sign and return to the Middle School office by the deadlines!
Aug. 14: 1:World Contracts & Electronic Uses Agreement
This document includes 1)Acceptable Use Policies for Student use of Westminster Electronic Resources, 2) COPPA Compliance Notice, 3) Terms and Use Conditions for 1:World Program Laptop Lease, 4) Student Daily Expectations in the Middle School 1:World Program, and 5) Electronic Resources Agreements Form. The first page must be signed by both student and parent.
Aug. 14: Cell Phone Agreement Form and MS Family Handbook Agreement
The Family Handbook Agreement, which can be found on the last page of the handbook, must be signed after you've read it through by both the student and a parent.
Aug. 14: We require a new health form each year 2020-21 Student Health History .
Aug. 14: COVID-19 Community Commitment
- We are looking forward to welcoming NEW students (and parents) in grades 7-8 and ALL students (and parents) in grade 6 on Thursday, Aug. 6, at 9 am for New Student Orientation in Knox Hall. New students and students in grade 6 are welcome to bring their supplies to put in their lockers at this time.
- Parents are invited to attend Middle School Parent Night on Tuesday, Aug. 18, from 6:30 to 8:30 pm in Knox Hall. You will visit classrooms to meet the teachers and learn more about what's being taught this year.
- We encourage all students to participate in our athletics program. Please take time to review all of the information in the Athletics section of our website and feel free to contact the Athletic Department if you have any questions! We hope to see you all at tryouts! If you plan to participate, you must complete and return the Physical/Concussion form before beginning practice.
- Students who have not picked up their computer can do so in Rm. 326 in Knox Hall and set up lockers on Thursday, Aug. 6 between 12:30 and 4 pm.
Questions? Send us an email!
We're looking forward to the start of the new year! Here are a few reminders for our Upper School families:
- The first day of school, Friday, Aug 7, is a half day; 8 am - 12:30 pm for Upper School students. Please note the early dismissal time!
US Supply List
2020-21 Daily Schedule
Summer Reading for English Classes
AP Language Stories
Diehl D.E. 'North and South' Guide
Diehl D.E. 'End of the Affair' Guide
Math with Mr. Thomas | CP Algebra 1
Math with Mr. Thomas | CP Geometry
Math with Mr. Thomas | Honors Geometry
AP Studio Art
AP Physics Practice Test
- REQUIRED There are two forms that are required and due in the coming weeks. Please download, sign and return to the Upper School office by the deadlines:
• Aug. 10: 1:World Contract & Electronic Uses Agreement
This document includes 1)Acceptable Use Policies for Student use of Westminster Electronic Resources, 2) COPPA Compliance Notice, 3) Terms and Use Conditions for 1:World Program Laptop Lease, 4) Student Daily Expectations in the Upper School 1:World Program, and 5) Electronic Resources Agreements Form. The last page must be signed by both student and parent.
- We are looking forward to welcoming NEW students (and their parents) in grades 9-12 on Thursday, Aug. 6, from 10:30 am for New Student Orientation in Knox Hall. Administrators and teachers will address the families. Students will be given a tour by the Student Leadership Team. Students will have the opportunity to set up lockers after the meeting and tour.
- Parents are invited to attend Upper School Parent Night on Tuesday, Aug. 13, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. in Knox Hall. Schedules for parent classroom visits will be distributed prior to the general meeting. Parents are urged to reserve this important night on their calendars as they will meet teachers, rotate through their son's/daughter's classes and hear remarks from Mrs. Bramhall, the Upper School principal.
- We encourage all students to participate in our athletics program. Please take time to review all of the information in the Athletics section of our website and feel free to contact Athletic Director Andrew Bryan if you have any questions! If you plan to participate, you must complete and return the Physical/Concussion form before beginning practice.
Athletics Physical & Concussion Form
US Tryout Schedule
All US students and parents should read the US Family Handbook. Students are responsible for upholding the policies and understanding the rules set forth in the handbook.
US Family Handbook (Coming Soon)
Parking applications were mailed to all juniors and seniors on June 29. Completed applications are currently being taken in the US office for those students who wish to secure a parking space.2020-2021 Parking Application
- The US summer mailing packet will be mailed to students later in July. The packet contains important information and course lists for students.
- All returning students in grade 9 (who were enrolled in the 1:World Program as 8th graders) can pick up laptops on Tuesday, Aug. 6 between 12:30 and 4 pm in Rm. 326 in Knox Hall.
Questions? Send us an email!
- 2020-21 Re-Entry Plan
- COVID-19 Health Policies & New School Procedures
- Re-Entry Frequently Asked Questions
- COVID-19 Resource Page
- Student Dining
- Westminster XD
- Synchronous Home Learning (SHL) & Early Elementary Home Learning (EEHL) Sign-Up
Required forms are due by Aug. 16 unless listed otherwise.
- Lower School
- Middle School
- Upper School