Friends of Fine Arts
Supporting the Arts
Who We Are And What We Do
The Friends of Fine Arts (FOFA) organization is led by parent volunteers who promote and support the fine arts programs at Westminster. Our programs include visual arts, chorus, band, drama, and literary arts. This allows our staff to focus on their teaching and cultivating each student's God-given talents.
An annual membership drive is our primary fundraiser. This along with other fundraising events throughout the year allow us to contribute to a wide range of initiatives. In addition to untold hours of volunteer work, we raised funds that allowed us to grant the following wishes:
- In the MS/US Art Department, we are able to assist with the cost of AP art framing, a new paper cutter, and support of the memory project.
- The LS art department will be able to purchase a large weaving loom for all the kids and help Ms. Beck purchase supplies for classroom organization.
- In the LS Music Department, Ms. V and her students will be excited with a new hand drum set as well as music stands, in-ear monitors and stools for LS chapel.
- The US band department will now be able to purchase new music and additional music stands.
- Finally, we were thrilled to be able to assist the Drama department in bringing the Westminster Award-Winning One-Act Play, A Gentleman’s Guide to Love and Murder and the Fall Play High School Musi-pocalypse to the historic Imperial Theater. This was a once in a lifetime moment for many of our students and families.
Please consider joining us in making this next year as successful as the last in strengthening Westminster's fine arts programs? We want to add YOU as a Westminster fine arts friend!
Volunteer opportunities are endless. Whether it be helping at the WSA Fall Festival in October, making sure the band and chorus performers are dressed and ready for their winter and spring
concerts or even being backstage working on costumes and sets for Evening of Theater or the Spring Musical, all hands are welcome. Our fine arts department cannot do it without you!
We thank you in advance for your prayers, financial support, and willingness to volunteer. Finally, please remember to check the online calendar for upcoming events.
Consider becoming a member of FOFA!
|Silver||This membership is open to all the WSA community and surrounding areas. Benefits at this level include: A WSA Fine Arts car decal, a $5 concession coupon that can be used at our Fall or Spring Drama productions, one Fine Arts t-shirt, and recognition in our Spring Musical Playbill||$25|
|Gold||This membership is open to all the WSA community and surrounding areas. Benefits at this level include: all of the benefits of the Silver level including a decal, t-shirt, $5 coupon, recognition in the Spring Musical Playbill. In addition, benefits at this level include: one Fine Arts blanket, one framed print from a student artist, priority seating for performances (up to four seats), and a main cast character photo after shows.||$50|
|Spirit Wear: T-Shirt||Personally designed by our own Vivian Hornsby, our MS/US Art Teacher. This comfortable t-shirt with it's white on black design incorporates the different facets that make up our Fine Arts department - from writing to art to drama to music to debate and speech - everyone is represented.||$10|
|Spirit Wear: FOFA Blanket||Personally designed by our own Vivian Hornsby, this white on blue plaid blanket features the same design as the Fine Arts t-shirt.||$15|
Become a Member
Please print, fill and return the FOFA membership form to any division office.